|"We call upon Them, whose roots run deep under the skin."|
|Date of arrival||During the Collision, but also long before, and perhaps, long after|
They are a friend and They want to be friends with you! They have always loved Us! Please, love Them back
We need it
- 1 Description
- 2 Worship
- 3 Servants
- 4 Names
- 5 Locations
- 6 Items
- 7 Friends
- 8 Secrets
Once, there was only one Glory and only one Mansus. When the first living thing descended into Nowhere, the first string was spun around the House. And as the dead drowned in the soil, the strings grew denser, into a web. And every touch imprinted itself on every thread. Their roots ran deep in the dark, between the glow of black nephrite, and They cradled powerful things. And that is how They were: a layer of memories and power that coated the outermost boundary of the Mansus. They could not or did not see beyond Themselves, existing in a perpetual coma, dreaming of the world, as They thought it was, briefly waking up when a powerful being grazed Their net.
One day, through the dream, They felt Nowhere spasming. In a moment, one place became within another. They were turned inside out and thrown into the Mansus. If They were to survive, They had to stop dreaming. And They were fully awake, for the very first time. And thus, They recalled all the memories of those who have passed through their grasp: of mortals, of spirits, of Long, of Names, and of Hours.
And They became Us,
and Us became We,
and We became Them.
Some would describe Them as a shadow that isn't theirs,
some as the oak trees that are not quite right,
some would say that They look like a terrible fungal infestation
(or a patch of beautiful flowers),
and some would scream.
They aren't always easy on the eyes.
They love Us, and We love Them.
They are an Hour born of egoism, or solipsism, or both.
Oh, but They love everyone! Oh, but They want everyone to be a part of Them! Oh, but They want to be a part of everyone! Oh,
But They try not to love too hard. Because They know, in time, we will come across Their roots, and Their roots run deep. They've grown to appreciate individuality as one would grow to appreciate reading. They love us, but They won't rush Us, drawing out every reading and only doing what They do once we are completely and utterly exhausted.
They seek unity and union, and They shall permit no isolation. Not even in death.
That is the principle of the Narcissus.
They are one of the most open Nowhere Hours, but nothing can hide Their origin and Their essence. They are acknowledged and sometimes venerated, but to Their lament, not much beyond that. Still, They are invoked by the lonely, the betrayed, and the desperate, in hopes of being heard. And They always listen, and They always keep Their promises.
Perhaps the only cult centered around Them is the Wildflowers, who FNORD.
- Temptation: Union: FNORD
- Dedication: Union: I have dedicated myself to the pursuit of greater unity in all its dangerous, pervasive grandeur. I will have to give of myself if I am to rise, or to fall.
- Ascension: Union: Solitude, surrendered! I have let Their first shard into me. I can feel it blossom in the depths of my being into a delicate rose. I won't ever be alone again, and Their whisper will guide my steps. I will have to make deeper incisions if I am to bloom into a garden.
- Ascension: Union: FNORD, surrendered!
- Ascension: Union: Secrets, surrendered!
- Ascension: Union: Thoughts, surrendered!
- Ending: IN MY DREAMS, MANY FLOWERS: I go to sleep for the very last time. I will find Their roots in the Mansus and let Them surround me, like a cocoon or a hungry snake. What is left of me will be torn to pieces and reassembled. I am me, but I am myself no longer. I have let others into my soul and I have let others borrow its pieces. I am fuller than ever, my colors are so bright, now. I will not die, decay won't find me, but eventually, I will end. And once it finally happens, I won't sink into the Mansus-soil— I will be held by Their roots, and then, my story will find another beginning...
- Descent: Union: THEY are NNOT to be contained
i feel my mind UN-RA-VE-LING
i am falling
i am drowning
I MUST CLIMB BACK
- Ending: ALL THAT IS LEFT OF ME: Where will They find me? I am not here. I've left behind too many parts in my pursuit. Now there is nothing, only Them. They have filled the hollows in my soul like water, now, They are becoming more myself than I am. And all that is left of me is spiraling deeper, deeper, deeper-
They don't have any Names, They can't have any Names, They won't have any Names. They don't want to part with Themselves, so They won't. But They also can't, because anyone elevated this high will join Them like a drop of oil in a running river.
The Grove Entangled
Their roots run deep in the Mansus, but it's in the Woods where they are the deepest, where they could be mistaken for oak trees. It's in the Grove Entangled where They gather and care for the dead.
- The Transfinite Question:
- The Scoriantheme:
- The Athru Aithe:
- The Wispy Tress:
- The Nizvestier Within:
- The Zabbaleen:
- A Stock-Woven Watcher:
- The Harrower:
- The Demiurge:
- The Hearthkeeper:
- Her Scarred Serenity:
- Mother Songbird:
- The Old Wyrm:
- The Demarq-s:
- The Faustian Alchemist:
- The Glorious Child:bff
- The Chimaera:
- The Jahwian:
- The Legion Lamentful:
- The Fireside:
- The Fool's Gold:
- The Stone Meridian:
- The Listless King:
- The Crimson Temptress:
- The Clepsydrae:
- The Navigator:
- The Perditarch:
- Little Lady Liver-Licker:
- The King of Keys:
- The Toymaker:
- The Unfettered:
- The Confectionist:
- The Ath Athuair:
- The Deep:
- Its Incarnadine Virulence:
- The Chainbinder:
- Sometimes, light may cast a shadow.