”The Ink, the Scient, the Many-Armed Author is the Hour of writers, archivists, and storytellers. With a hundred quills, its passage through the House is marked by tracks of its scrawling, rambling calligraphy. Herein is a practice that may find some truth amongst its manifold fictions...”
-The Pen, Indelible by Dubedat Locke
|""I have that on record. Probably. Somewhere.""|
|Titles||The Scient, The Ever Writer, The Many-Armed Author|
|Names||The Head Secretarian, 'Jos. Cz', Dubedat Locke, Secretarian Yossarius|
|Date of arrival||The Death of the Panopticon|
|Owner(s)||Leathy Kocktail (Link to your user page here, for example, Leathy Kocktail)|
Before He Knew
"It is said the Scient was one of many who tended a great library. In his history, it didn't burn, but simply fell to ruin and neglect. He stayed in the rubble, writing until his dreams led him to become Long."
-'The Pen, Indelible', Dubedat Locke
One day, a scholar decided to put pigment to parchment. Even as their dreams grew strange and a light started to shine from a fiercer place, that scholar did not stop writing. Everything they saw, everything they thought, all streamed into one furious line of ink, charcoal, chalk, and even blood if it was required. He wrote his way into becoming Long with the fervor of his writings.
"My delight is in the written and the document, the memo and the parchment. His joy is the act of writing and the act of writing is my joy."
-What to Do With Paper by Jos. Cz
The Co-Writer's Covenant dedicate themselves to fervent writer's salons and the hoarding of all texts, and interpreting the nonsense that comes of both pursuits.
"With his many Arms, the Author lifted up the Beasts of the Wood to stand, to speak, and read as Humanity does. In gratitude, they are his editors, his assistants, his secretaries. They always bear the faces of the furred beasts: the rodent, the canine, the feline, the animals found in the countryside. I have found they appreciate pats considerably less then their counterparts outside of the House."
-The Pen, Indelible, Dubedat Locke
"I never truly liked [Secretarians]. Intelligence gave them airs of sophistication that I've never much cared for, even before my arrival. They do serve well as entertainment, however. There is a way to distract them from their duties, if you've the right bait..."
-What to Do with Paper, Jos. Cz
- The Secretarians
- The Head Secretarian - - A Jackal-Headed scholar who leads the effort to curate the work in the Scriptorium. He has read more of the Ink's work than anything living, or dead. He is a very busy Dog-Person, but may spare you some time if treated with respect. The Head Secretarian is not known for his humility.
- "Jos. Cz" - - Somewhere in the marked halls of the Scriptorium is a woman who built and destroyed lives with her correspondences. Her poetry and prose wets the appetites of even the strongest mortals, and many are lost in her eternal letters of longing. If you catch her attention correctly, she may send you such a letter.
- Dubedat Locke - - Once a distractable and eccentric playwright of ambition, his writings tell of far off places and fantastical journeys, horrid beasts and a terrifying Wood. Be careful about his publications, lest you fall in. Newly Long, he is eager to speak of his many imagined paths with anyone who would listen.
The Scriptorium is a place in the Mansus or something
- The Zeroth Indictment (Indictments correspond to hour number. Everyone gets one but you can have more books than just that)
- Description: It's an old book, okay? A dusty old tome? Made out of...flesh? What the.
- Start Text: This is the tale of the skeleton warriors.
- End Text: The skeleton warriors theme song refuses to leave your mind.
- Gives: Stuff goes here. Usually lore. Sometimes languages. Sometimes things get really weird. Feel free to get creative.
- Making of the Hours=
- Description: Ancient ritual conceived by the spooky boys of Uh-Shekel.
- Requires: Rites are the more unique bits of Cultist Simulator. They may require tools, objects, lores, living beings, and so on. Some of the items used for the rite may be destroyed, and proper aspects are needed. Do specify all the details!
- Gives: Glorious boons. From summoning to spawning items to other beneficial effects.
- In a History where life was Fleeting but Intense, a soldier named Λυσανδρος visited a scholar at a Library often. The only times the scholar left the Library was to walk along the harbor with the soldier.
- A scholar once had a little tabby cat he cared for. their name was λίγος. The scholar tried to name them אבי, but it didn't stick.
- No one knows why the Secretarian's are all so fiercely loyal to their Master. Except for the Head Secretarian.